Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Reinvention Recipe: BBQ Chicken

Over the weekend we had a lot of friends over and got DELICIOUS catering from Willard's BBQ. Somehow, even though I underestimated, we ended up with leftovers galore. I froze a small amount of beef brisket and pulled pork for once baby Chickpea arrives, and we had my in-law's for lunch Sunday, but there is still so much chicken I had to get a little creative.

Today at work I asked my colleagues what to do with the leftover BBQ chicken. Luckily it has BBQ dry rub seasonings but no sauce. One colleague mentioned enchiladas, so that's what we're doing! Except I'm going with crunchy taco shells because they sounded yummy.

Here's a picture of the ingredients:




Pictured above:
  • Leftover BBQ Chicken (will get shredded)
  • Enchilada sauce
  • Taco Shells
  • Lettuce
  • Plain yogurt (instead of sour cream)
  • Cilantro
  • Refried beans
  • Other options: salsa, tomatoes, shredded cheese
All I did was heat the shredded chicken in a skillet with some enchilada sauce and heat up the beans and taco shells. Voila...dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment