Friday, September 5, 2014

Couponing: Ways to Earn Gift Cards

Since back to school just happened, and that means fall, which means soon to come are the holidays, I thought everyone could use some insight to how I've found ways to earn gift cards to Amazon and Starbucks with little to no effort.

But first, if you're going to coupon, make sure you set up an email address specifically for signing up for random stuff you're not really interested in getting tons of mail from. My couponing email address is similar to my regular one, but has ".shop" after it (just as an idea for you!).

  1. Swagbucks  

For the past few years, I've earned Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Since 2011, I have earned 17 $5 gift cards....that's $85 I didn't otherwise have! They have other rewards options, but I find Amazon to be the best value. I don't participate in everything on the site (because some of it isn't worth my signing up for various things like insurance!). The activities I do participate in to earn the points towards rewards - and at 450 points I earn a $5 gift card! Some examples include:
  • Daily Poll
  • NOSO (no obligation special offers)
  • Videos
  • Games (free ones only!)
  • Brand Activities
  • Surveys
  • Swagcodes (find them on http://sc-s.com)
  • Coupon printing (I even print them for friends!)

  2. Pampers Rewards  

I'm the mom of a 7.5 year old little girl who I am in love with! But man, does she go through a lot of diapers. From day 1 we've used Pampers (except for two Huggies diapers - one broke and one leaked; and a box of Honest Company diapers which were great but too expensive). About 2 months in, we realized there were little codes on every Pampers product that could be saved on the Pampers Rewards site! So far I've earned a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, and since we have a Nespresso machine at home, I've decided I won't reload my Starbucks card myself and only use free gift cards I earn. That said, the Starbucks card isn't always available. Right now they have a $10 card to Barnes & Noble and a lot of options for Shutterfly products (which is great for holiday gifts to relatives when you have a child in diapers).


  3. Biore  

On Facebook, Biore has an app to submit codes from their products to earn points. In addition, you can answer trivia questions and make daily pledges to earn even more! For 2800 points you can earn a $5 Starbucks or Amazon gift card.


  4. RecycleBank  

RecycleBank is a great site to learn about environmental impacts of consumer goods, along with ways to save money, energy, and water. Every day you can pledge to do one thing that earns you 5 points. Then every month they have different topics to learn about (e.g., how to save energy in your house) or quizzes to answer (e.g., testing your knowledge of how much trash the U.S. makes each year). For 1500 points you can earn a $5 gift card to Starbucks or Target.


Do you have any other ways that you earn gift cards or free items?

No comments:

Post a Comment