Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Week Ahead - July 27, 2014

I've known for a while that I need to start regular postings but haven't figured out until now something I could keep up with on a weekly basis (at a minimum!). I was reading High Five for Friday on Pursuit of Pink and got an idea. She recaps her week every Friday and I love the idea, but of course, that's her thing!! Instead, on Sunday night or Monday morning I often think about the week in front of me. Mondays typically are no fun for most people, but these days they don't seem to bother me so much, so I'm hoping these will be fun and exciting posts, not "woah is me" Monday posts.

1.  
Play Dates and Friends: We're starting off the week with a play date with my little one's boyfriend (he's a whole 2 months older!! the scandal....). I've started to realize that now that my daughter is getting much more interactive, she needs kids her own age to play with. That, and it's a great excuse to stay connected to my friends. 

2. Performances: I have two days a week off (I work part-time) and on one of those days this week, I may be heading to see a children's performance with my sister-in-law and her three kids, and her sister and nephew! My daughter's only 6 months old, so I may not get to stay the whole time, and chances are she won't be that interested/entertained, but it'll be fun nonetheless! Check out their website if you have kids.



3. Travel: My team at work travels to OH this week. While I love traveling with them, I'm sitting this one out so I can stay home with my little one a bit more...plus, then I don't have to rearrange childcare again! The biggest disappointment in skipping the trip? Missing out on seeing my good friend Sean (right)...

...and missing out on Dublin Pub's famous Pub Fries (below)! Imagine a white wine cheese sauce, spring onions, bacon, cheese.....










4. Work: Another team member is joining the project I'm leading. This project has allowed me to manage a team of 2 individuals, and now we're at 3! Small wins. And on Monday I take on another leadership coaching client! I'm loving helping people in terms of leadership development on such a personal level.

5. Farmers Market: Now that we're nearing the end of the summer, I finally made it to the farmers market around the corner from my house 2 weeks ago. I fully intend to go back and get myself some BBQ (food truck), fresh veggies, and one of the fancy popsicles (flavors like hibiscus raspberry). If I don't make it, I'll be kicking myself come fall when the farmers markets all start to fizzle away. Last time I went I bought their fresh picked lobster, flown in the night before from Maine by Lobster Maine-ia! I turned it into our own lobster rolls with fresh corn and a tomato-cucumber salad all from the farmers market. Delish!





What does your week have in store for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment